Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Rare Treat

Adam and I hardly ever go on dates.  Well we have "family dates" as Harrison likes to say, but we rarely get a chance to have a date with ourselves.  We have had two dates in less than a week and they were both great!  This past weekend we went to Papa and Dar Dar's, so on Friday night they keep Harrison.  Adam and I went to dinner at J's, a favorite of ours, and then we went shopping:).  Originally, we were going to the movies after dinner, but since we were in Memphis and there was the option to shop, I somehow talked him into shopping.  So we went shopping and bought nothing for ourselves and everything for Harrison!  Why is it so easy to buy for your child?!?  None the less, we had a wonderful time just spending time together. 

Harrison did not have school on Monday, due to President's Day, so he and Jo Jo spent the day together and were joined by Julia and Jack after lunch.  Pop and Jo Jo decided to have all the kids stay the night.  Therefore, we had the opportunity to have another date.  So, we went to the movies and saw "The Vow."  It was a good movie, a little depressing at times, but all in all a sweet story.  My favorite part of the whole night was when we were sitting in the theatre waiting for the movie to start and Adam leaned over, with a giddy little voice, and said, "I love getting to do this with you.  I feel like a teenager again."  It's funny how we take such little things, like going on dates, for granted.  So today, I am thankful for the opportunity to have dates with my hubby, who happens to be the best thing that ever happened to me!

No comments: